- 2019 Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering Seminar
Online registration via Eventbrite is now open for AVCU’s annual Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA / AML) seminar taking place Wednesday, October 9th at Fireside Inn & Suites in West Lebanon, NH.
For a more detailed outline of the seminar’s agenda and a bio of our trainer Judy Britt Cavanaugh, view or download the 2019 BSA/AML seminar promotional brochure (PDF).
2019 BSA / AML Seminar Agenda & Discussion Topics
- Understanding Money Laundering and theThree Stages of the Cycle
- Methods of Money Laundering
- The Elements of an AML Program
- Your AML Compliance Program: Assessing Risk and Developing a Risk Scoring Model
- High Risk Members, Businesses, and Marijuana
- Your Role and Responsibilities as BSA Officer
- Compliance Culture and Management’s Responsibilities
- MIP – Account Opening Best Practices
- FinCEN’s Beneficial Owner’s & Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Rule
- Suspicious or Unusual Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
- SAR and CTR Filings
- Shared Branching Requirements
- Indirect Lending
- Training Requirements for Employees and Volunteers
- Red Flags or Indicators of Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing and Human Trafficking
- Terrorist Financing
- Key U.S. Legislative and Regulatory Initiatives Applied to Transactions Internationally
- Responding to Investigations by Law Enforcement
- Penalties for Non-Compliance
Sliding Tuition Scale: Credit unions registering multiple personnel enjoy discounted tuition for all 2019 attendees.
In addition to a $50 discount off regular pricing, when your credit union submits multiple registrants by the September 6th early bird deadline, your tuition for each program attendee from your credit union gets reduced!
*Note: All tuition prices shown in the table below are per registrant. Tuition reductions are based on assets as of 6/30/19 and the number of your credit union’s early bird attendees registered by 9/6/19.
Early bird tuition registrations must be submitted online before 5:00 PM on Friday, 9/6/19 and will be invoiced shortly thereafter, with payment due prior to the event date. Early Bird registrations cannot be cancelled after 9/6/18 and are non-refundable, but substitution requests (via email only please) will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on Friday, 10/4/19.
Regular tuition registrations are invoiced after the event and can be changed or cancelled without cost until the final registration deadline of 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 9/27/19. Cancellations will not be accepted after that date, but substitution requests (via email only please) will be allowed until 12:00 p.m. on Friday, 10/4/19.
Tuition assistance for smaller credit unions is available through the Howe-Bergengren Education Fund (please submit by 9/13/19 to allow for processing) via the application available upon request. Parking is free at Fireside Inn & Suites.
For more information or questions, please contact Director of Information Services John Cote at 800-234-8285 x 7033 or JohnCote@vermontcreditunions.coop.
- Distance Learning / Webinars
Distance Learning Webinars
AVCU partners with the Credit Union Webinar Network to provide affordable distance learning opportunities to our member credit unions.
Credit Union Webinar Network offers 90 minute live or recorded Webinars (usual start 3 PM ET) at a $200 registration fee. Each live Webinar includes digital handouts, one Internet connection, and one telephone connection for any number of viewers / listeners. Alternatively for the same $200 fee, the complete recorded Webinar, which includes a free digital download of the entire presentation and handouts, may be ordered. This free digital download can serve as an “off the shelf” training program for your credit union’s future training needs. The registration fee for both the live and recorded Webinar with free digital download is $250.
CUWN generously offers discounted pricing of $169 to credit unions with less than $20 million in assets that choose the recorded Webinar option.