Credit union employment opportunities remain listed for up to three months from the initial posting date unless AVCU is asked to remove them sooner. To submit a new position, or to ask us to remove an employment opportunity that is no longer active, please email us.
AVCU is not liable for the content, veracity, or continued availability of any position listed below. Most recent update: 12/6/19.
- Internal Auditor
NorthCountry Federal Credit Union (12/6)
- Cooperative Housing Specialist
Cooperative Development Institute (11/1)
- Operational Support Analyst
Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union (10/11)
- Compliance Officer
New England Federal Credit Union (9/20)
- Cooperative Housing Specialist
To conduct audits of the credit union to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations. Provide documentation of the credit union’s internal control systems, report findings and make recommendations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned audit procedures and recommend enhancements to the Credit Union’s operating systems.
- Perform evaluations of the Credit Union’s internal control systems by maintenance of permanent files incorporating narrative descriptions, flowcharts, memos, etc.; reports findings and recommendations.
- Perform financial audit procedures on the Credit Union’s records and reports findings and recommendations.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Analytical Skills – The ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and apply meaningful data in the problem solving process. The level of logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes. The ability to forecast events based upon current situations. Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
- Attention to Detail – The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific instructions. Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Policy Compliance – The degree to which the employee has a knowledge of and complies with organizational policies.
- Confidentiality – The ability to preserve sensitive and important information or data. Confidential information is not revealed outside of the company, except as necessary in the ordinary course of business.
- Ethics – The level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
- Professionalism – The degree to which the employee demonstrates and conveys a favorable image when representing the company. The level of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality along with proper standards of professional dress.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: A college degree or equivalent
- Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Other Skills:
- Solid knowledge in all areas of accounting and audit procedures and the ability to work independently; certification as a certified public accountant or a certified internal auditor preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; must be able to PC and all types of general office equipment.
To apply for this position, visit NorthCountry FCU’s Careers page at https://www.northcountry.org/home/more/careers/
As they continue to grow their New England Resident Owned Communities Program, the Cooperative Development Institute (CDI) is looking for a new full-time team member to join them in Vermont.
Affordable housing is crucial for people to lead stable, productive lives and stay out of poverty. If you are passionate about preserving affordable housing in Vermont, great with people, a good trainer, and committed to building democratic ownership, then get in touch with them. The New England Resident Owned Communities (NEROC) program wants to hear from you.
Download and examine their job description here for full details. For application instructions, call 877-NECOOPS (877 632-6677, toll-free) or 413-665-1271, extension 1.
Ticonderoga FCU, headquartered in Ticonderoga, NY with branches in Port Henry and Elizabethtown, is accepting applications for its Operational Support Analyst position.
This position utilizes tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, and Accounting/Analytics software to provide analytical support and reporting to assist in budgeting, forecasting, and measuring profitability (at both the institution and member level) to lead to more informed and efficient decision-making.
Candidates must be detail orientated, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks and projects.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, is required; a basic understanding of accounting theory/principles is preferred.
Resumes with a cover letter can be mailed to the attention of CFO Cory Phinney at: Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union, 1178 NYS Rte 9N, Ticonderoga, NY 12883
Or sent by email to cphinney(at)tfcunow.com
Maintains, implements, and develops a comprehensive consumer compliance program designed to ensure that the activities of the credit union comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and statements of policy, and internally-developed policies and procedures. Provides consumer compliance support and counsel for the credit union’s ongoing daily business, as well as projects and initiatives. Establishes and cultivates a strong working relationship with all Credit Union departments to advance the culture and effectiveness of a synchronized approach to compliance management.
- Conducts and develops applicable compliance training for credit union staff.
- Participates in regulatory examinations and audits.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the credit union’s Vendor Management Program.
- Content expert and advisor for the senior management team.
- Perform compliance audits and prepare reports to recommend corrective action; follow up to ensure risks are adequately addressed.
- Provide compliance risk expertise to business projects and initiatives.
- Subject matter expert for the revision and/or design of forms, disclosures, notices, products, web site, programs, advertisements and promotions to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Perform compliance research and analysis to provide recommendations, adequately document all research.4-5 years of experience in a sales environment (includes cross selling).
- Certified Compliance Officer designation preferred or ability to be certified within 1 year of hire
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial regulatory compliance or audit
- 5 years of experience in the financial institution industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Ability to maintain operational efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Strong leadership and influencing capabilities
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information
To apply for this position, a letter of interest and a resume can be emailed directly to keefe(at)nefcu.com for consideration.