The Association of Vermont Credit Unions (AVCU) offers a variety of annual training seminars and professional development opportunities for credit union management, staff members, and volunteers. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic years (2020-2023), nearly all those sessions took place in person.
During the pandemic, when mandatory lock-downs required social distancing to prevent spread of the disease, virtual videoconferencing platforms exploded in popularity as the only viable option for credit union personnel to safely meet.
The World Health Organization declared an end to the global Public Health Emergency for COVID-19 in May of 2023. Following that announcement, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declared the same for the United States.
The Public Health Emergency may have ended, but COVID-19 remains a public health threat. During the course of the pandemic, COVID-19 vaccines and treatments saved millions of lives and reduced hospitalizations. Because access to vaccines and treatment remain public health priorities, AVCU has continued to offer the majority of our annual educational training and professional development opportunities as video-conferences.
AVCU’s Annual Training & Professional
Development Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Annual Meeting & Convention of the Association of Vermont Credit Unions (typically held during May).
- Virtual Workshops (varied topics), in partnership with League of Southeastern Credit Unions (LSCU) (scheduled year round).
- Virtual IRA Essentials and Advanced Topics training seminars in partnership with Ascensus (typically held in September).
- Virtual BSA AML OFAC Training Seminar (typically held in October or November).
- “In Conversation With …” 30-60 minute Zoom meetings with expert guests from Vermont state government, Vermont’s Congressional delegation, regulatory agency personnel, and notable persons within the national credit union industry (scheduled year round).
Please Note: All of the above training and professional development opportunities will be announced and promoted in Newslines Express and to AVCU member credit union CEO via direct email.